The Garden Keepers (Personal Project)



This theme originally came from a picture on Pinterest that I pinned about a year ago. It had a lady
holding flowers to her face with harsh lighting. I wanted to base my personal project off of that image
but not copy it like in the ITSO project. So I brainstormed and came up with an idea of making a flower
mask and painting my models face to make a fuller looking mask. I wanted to experience the process of
a full photoshoot. I had to get everything ready myself from the hair and makeup to the outfit and
location. Although it was a long process I liked being in control of my own operation. 



My shooting location was on my street in Moanalua Valley. It had strong architecture with some signs
of nature like leaves and flowers growing out of the walls. We couldn’t go far outside the house because
my sister had a basketball game later that day. Since I used my sister as the main model, hat already
meant a lot of complaining from her and extreme focus from irritation from me. Working with your
siblings, you got to work fast or else they’re going to start disliking you more and more. Working fast
isn’t good especially for photography because art can’t be rushed. These two were the best that came
out because they both have the sense of mysterious and whimsical vibe I was going for.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Play Day

Now add a CD