Now add a CD

    For this "Wierd Day" in class, I ended up in the back parking lot of the school on the hill. I did not follow the instructions of "throwing the disc and seeing where it ended up" that well because I wanted to look for something bright to match the iridescent tone of the disc. So I found the colorful bougainvillea trees. I actually like taking photos of lower vantage points because, for one, I get to sit and for two, the most interesting picture is of things you don't see every day.
 

 The pink pictures were taken in the back parking lot of the school on the hill going upwards. The white flower was located on the left side of the cafeteria in the little square dirt patches. I like how all these photos give off a "dazed" feeling with the slight blur of the CD in the background.



I mostly used the CD as a background for the main subject, which was the flowers. I didn't want anyone to know that I was using the disc. The purpose of this quick challenge/assignment is to get our creative juices flowing in a limited amount of time. It is to find different angles and solutions to a problem that is presented to us. I really like how my photos came out and I may be entering some for my Kinaole submission. I think that other "Wierd Day" assignments will push us more creatively and inspire us to utilize objects that we thought we'd never use in a photoshoot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Play Day